Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

Texas Tech University

Kaitlyn Williams, Writer

Texas Tech University in Lubbock Texas includes many different educational majors for every student. From School of Law to Arts and Science, Texas Tech does not limit their options. When the university first opened as Texas Technological college in 1923, it changed to Texas Tech University in 1969. In its beginnings it had six buildings and housed only 914 students.

The college still carries the distinction of operating as the largest comprehensive higher education institution in the western two-thirds of Texas. Also, this school campus not only operates as a major university, but also a law school and a medical school.

In 1935, the college opened its Division of Graduate Studies, and in 1969, it upgraded to the main graduate campus. It functions as a tier one, comprehensive university.

Nowadays, the school houses 37,010 students and 2,554 academic staff. Since 2000, the university has invested more than $548 million dollars into new construction to increase enrollment and expand research on each individual campus. Also, the school has received more than $65.9 million dollars in private donations to further the education of students and further science research.

In 2012, Texas Tech conferred more than 7,000 degrees for the first time and set a new standard with 7,398 in 2016. In the most recent Measuring University Performance rankings, the university ranked number 60 overall and number 42 among public research issuing over 336 doctoral degrees in 2015.

Texas Tech students have won numerous national championships, including more than 100 in the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. Many law students have also earned 33 national championships in law in the last five years. Many students also have had their work published in the New Yorker, Southern Review, Paris Review, Carolina Quarterly, and Indiana Review and many more.

Texas Tech University- A truly astounding university offering a remarkable education.

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

H-E-B: Texas Grocery Store

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Hot Topic: A Favorite Apparel Store

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Goats Milk: A Succulent Delight!

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Barbara Bush: Forever Loved

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Mysteries of Beekeeping

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

House Speaker Paul Ryan–Distinguished With Untainted Honor

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Trade Wars And Tariffs: A Solution?

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Guess: America’s Popular Clothing Store

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Sam Houston State University

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Inflation Here and Now

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Texas Tech University