Eagle Times Bulletin

• Welcome Back Students for School Year 2018-2019!

Texas Tech University

Kaitlyn Williams, Writer

Texas Tech University in Lubbock Texas includes many different educational majors for every student. From School of Law to Arts and Science, Texas Tech does not limit their options. When the university first opened as Texas Technological college in 1923, it changed to Texas Tech University in 1969. In its beginnings it had six buildings and housed only 914 students.

The college still carries the distinction of operating as the largest comprehensive higher education institution in the western two-thirds of Texas. Also, this school campus not only operates as a major university, but also a law school and a medical school.

In 1935, the college opened its Division of Graduate Studies, and in 1969, it upgraded to the main graduate campus. It functions as a tier one, comprehensive university.

Nowadays, the school houses 37,010 students and 2,554 academic staff. Since 2000, the university has invested more than $548 million dollars into new construction to increase enrollment and expand research on each individual campus. Also, the school has received more than $65.9 million dollars in private donations to further the education of students and further science research.

In 2012, Texas Tech conferred more than 7,000 degrees for the first time and set a new standard with 7,398 in 2016. In the most recent Measuring University Performance rankings, the university ranked number 60 overall and number 42 among public research issuing over 336 doctoral degrees in 2015.

Texas Tech students have won numerous national championships, including more than 100 in the College of Agricultural Science and Natural Resources. Many law students have also earned 33 national championships in law in the last five years. Many students also have had their work published in the New Yorker, Southern Review, Paris Review, Carolina Quarterly, and Indiana Review and many more.

Texas Tech University- A truly astounding university offering a remarkable education.

About the Writer
Kaitlyn Williams, Writer

I enjoy taking photos of lovely items that I think would look good blown up or on a big screen. I love reading, but I would rather a read non-fiction book...

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Whitney Houston: A Singing Superstar

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: An Inspiring Musician

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

George Bush: The Brightest of a Thousand Points of Light

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Selena Quintanilla: Queen of Tejano

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Ludwig Van Beethoven

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Walt Disney–A Visionary Artist

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Stan Lee–The Man, Myth, And Legend

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Johann Sebastian Bach–A Classic Artist

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Ted Cruz–Holding a U.S. Senate Seat

• Texas Tech University

Top Stories

Seattle: An Emerald City

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Texas Tech University