The School Bulletin of New Caney High School

Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Kaitlyn Williams, Writer

Notwithstanding numerous, popular tourist destinations around the world, many travelers choose Hawaii for their vacations. Unlike some travel areas that look dull and plain, the beautiful waters and the unique plants and animals makes visitors want to stay forever. Many tourists do not know when they arrive that Hawaii has so many more interesting areas to explore, a wide range of both landscapes and micro climates.

Hawaii comprises eight main islands. Niihau, Kauai, Oahu, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, Kahoolawe, and the biggest one of all, Hawaii itself. From east to west, Hawaii measures as the United States’ widest state, yet offers so much more landscape beauty than others. Hawaii also includes the Hawaiian Islands that has the world’s biggest mountain range, dazzling tourists with a picturesque sight.

Hawaii formed when underwater volcanoes that erupted thousands of years ago cooled and formed landmass. The population comprises every race with Caucasians constituting approximately 34%, Japanese-American about 32%, Filipino-American 16%, and Chinese-American 5%. The Hawaiian economy focuses and functions on tourism, yet also produces many agricultural products.

The island leads worldwide agriculture in harvesting orchids and macadamia nuts, and it hails as the only coffee growing state. About a one-third of the world’s pineapple supply exports from Hawaii, distributing this luscious fruit to many countries. One most popular dessert named Poi includes a smooth paste  made from smashed, cooked taro roots and water.

Hawaii’s popular flower earned the name “Rotheca myricoides-Blue Butterfly Bush” because it radiates a blue color and looks like a butterfly, followed by a small, shiny, red to black fruit. The variable leaves have both a green color and a narrow elliptic shape. The upper stem contains hair and has a purple-red color, and the lower stems have a more woody, branched style.

Kauai ranks highly as one of the most popular Hawaiian tourist attractions, captivating guests from Europe and Asia. Visitors that take a helicopter ride over the waters and mountains experience stunning waterfalls and magnificent landscapes that beautify the island. The coast will leave visitors feeling shallow compared to the dynamic mountain range’s natural majesty, and if they prefer a peaceful pleasure, they can also hike on the 22-mile coast, with the ocean waves’ cadences serenading their souls.

Hawaii- not only an attractive place to visit, but a spectacular one!

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Napoleon Bonaparte: Another Fallen Leader

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Giant Redwood Sequoias: Monuments of Time

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Florida Keys: Pristine Beauty At Its Best!

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Houston Museum of Natural Science

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Children’s Museum: A Wonderful Place to Visit

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Ronald Reagan: A Truly Remarkable President

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Cheese Making: A Fine Art

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Morgan’s Wonderland: A Theme Park For Everyone!

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Bermuda Triangle: Still A Mystery

• Hawaii: A Land of Splendor

Top Stories

Buckingham Palace: A World Landmark

Hawaii: A Land of Splendor