The School Bulletin of New Caney High School

Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

Houston Museum of Natural Science

Megan Thompson, Writer

The Houston Museum of Natural Science earns praise year in and year out for the spectacular displays within its walls and for good reason. The acclaimed museum attracts all age groups, capturing and engaging young visitors’ imaginations and curiosities. Since its beginning in 1907, the Houston Museum of Natural Science’s mission claims to “enhance in individuals the knowledge and delight in natural science and related subjects.”

Various exhibits, shows, and attractions reside within the museum’s walls, such as virtual reality, the planetarium, the butterfly center, giant screen theater and more. Joining as a member with the HMNS (Houston Museum of Natural Science) holds many advantages, including lower pricing, discounted registrations for children’s classes, new exhibits advanced notices, and several other benefits. Nevertheless, members do not enjoy the museum’s many attractions alone; those who choose  standard admission can enjoy regular, yet no less awe-inspiring attractions it publicly offers.

Instead of an admission fee that allows only limited access and restrictive facility, the standard admission includes viewing all the permanent exhibits and accessing the Grand Entry Hall’s McDonald’s restaurant. The museum also furnishes a dining location list within walking distance if McDonald’s does not satisfy visitors’ tastes. However, since administration does not permit guests to bring food and beverages into the museum, staff members genially encourage guests to eat before visiting.

HMNS prides itself on easy access and widespread navigation not only for the general public, but also for those who experience autism and other disabilities. The museum offers sensory guides, allowing parents and guardians to review noise levels, light sensitivity, and an exhibit’s tactility, allowing a more enjoyable, entire family experience. The museum also offers Sensory Backpacks, and they contain several items for children experiencing high sensitivity levels, yet visitors only need their current identification to use one.

The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers many opportune displays to easily learn and truly understand science. Unlike some museums that have dull exhibitions, children, who know this museum, feel an urge to explore its many wonderful sights!

Visit the Houston Museum of Natural Science soon!

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Giant Redwood Sequoias: Monuments of Time

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Florida Keys: Pristine Beauty At Its Best!

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Children’s Museum: A Wonderful Place to Visit

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Ronald Reagan: A Truly Remarkable President

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Cheese Making: A Fine Art

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Morgan’s Wonderland: A Theme Park For Everyone!

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Bermuda Triangle: Still A Mystery

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Buckingham Palace: A World Landmark

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Vincent Van Gogh: A Post-Impressionist Artist Interpreting the World

• Houston Museum of Natural Science

Top Stories

Mysteries of the Arctic

Houston Museum of Natural Science