Eagle Times Bulletin

• Welcome Back Students for School Year 2018-2019!

Dallas Museum of Art

Back to Article
Back to Article

Dallas Museum of Art

Chloe Eick, Writer

With cultures spanning from 5,000 years, the Dallas Museum of Art contains artwork of all human creativity. This museum has a majestic collection of over 23,000 pieces of art, and administrators add even more masterpieces continuously.

The Dallas Museum of Art  has the responsibility and acts as a trusted advocate for having an essential place for artwork. This museum has a mission to promote art research, to encourage public participation, and to help reveal artists from every continent.

Containing a wide variety of art exhibits, Dallas Museum of Art wants to let their customers view numerous, different styles of artwork. Some of the art displays include African textiles, Islamic art, modern opulence, and even old cathedral art. DMA also collects historical Texas artwork, preserving the heritages of the Lone Star state.

Reaching out to the local community, if artisans enjoy creating artwork, no matter no matter what skill level, they can join one of Dallas Museum of Art’s workshops. These seminars permit people of all ages to have a imaginative, hands on experience with creating individual art and to learn several techniques that professional artists use.

Within the Dallas Museum of Art resides the Mayer Library, holding an excellent selection of books and manuscripts. An art research library, it supports learning about the museum’s art exhibits, and it provides historical information about art in general. Open to the DMA staff, the museum’s guides, and the general public, the library provides an opportunity to study more about the many different artistic fields.

Multiple tours provide an opportunity to learn at the Dallas Museum of Art that let visitors explore or inspect the art collected from all over the world. Gallery Talks, Ancient Rome History, plus Picasso and Abstract name only a few of the tours from a big selection provided at the museum.

A quite popular place to see and experience, dozens of people visit and explore the Dallas Museum of Art daily. Not a small and limited art museum, but a large and comprehensive one.

Anyone interested in learning about over 5,000 years of art history should visit this museum soon!

About the Writer
Chloe Eick, Writer

My name is Chloe Eick, a sophomore at New Caney High School. I am involved in art, and I love drawing. Abstract art represents my style of artwork that...

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Whitney Houston: A Singing Superstar

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: An Inspiring Musician

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

George Bush: The Brightest of a Thousand Points of Light

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Selena Quintanilla: Queen of Tejano

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Ludwig Van Beethoven

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Walt Disney–A Visionary Artist

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Stan Lee–The Man, Myth, And Legend

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Johann Sebastian Bach–A Classic Artist

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Ted Cruz–Holding a U.S. Senate Seat

• Dallas Museum of Art

Top Stories

Seattle: An Emerald City

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Dallas Museum of Art