Frankie Golden: A Sparkling New Caney High School Student!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hali Simmons, Writer

Frankie Golden, a senior student at New Caney High School and fellow writer for the Eagle Times Bulletin, looks forward to graduating this year to become a public speaker. Hoping to attend University of Houston in the 2015 fall semester, he aspires to major in communications. An avid traveler and diligent worker, Frankie’s continually sharp appearance stands apart from the crowd.

Frankie, born in Houston on October 16th, has previously lived in Alabama, Iowa, Nebraska, and New York, and finally returning to Houston to finish high school. Visiting Miami this school year became part of his heavy travel agenda, but “If I could live anywhere, it would be Nebraska again. I think it’s the best kept secret in America. it’s very suburban and has a great community,” he said.

Frankie enjoys reading in his spare time and recommends the book The Catcher in the Rye to fellow book lovers. One of the most difficult tasks about himself includes keeping organized and maintaining a punctual schedule. His idols include his mother and pastor for their passion towards hard work and their mentoring service for him.

In the future, Frankie wishes to support his mother so she does not have to continue to work in her old age. His other family members include and older sister Alexus (21), a younger brother Christopher (8), and a cream colored Pomeranian named Buddy.

Frankie, soon to turn 18, states that his religion has truly shaped his personality. His favorite bible quote remains Proverbs 15:32 “Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.” Frankie says that “Failure has taught me to succeed, and I try to learn from every single thing I do wrong and that’s how I move forward.”

Frankie Golden—One of New Caney High School’s glittering seniors!