Savannah Fleming: One of New Caney High School’s Stars!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Julia Steagall, Writer

Savannah Fleming, a 2014 senior in the top 15% of her class at New Caney High school this year, continues to impress teachers and her fellow peers. Many teachers call Savannah a model student, who always shows respect and has her priorities in order. Many of Savannah’s friends, teachers, and parents showed their pride in her achievements and good decisions throughout her high school years which gave her a head start toward her future.

Savannah participates in many school organizations and activities, making her a well-known student, known for her achievements. She participates in National Honor Society, Fellow Christian Athletes, the Varsity Basketball team, and currently, she coaches the 2014 Basketball Flight, coaching the freshman and the incoming freshman. Savannah continues to touch the lives of others in the community, making a lasting impression.

On top of staying busily involved with many organizations, Savannah earned over 14 achievements throughout her 4 years of high school. Some of them are Academic All-district (all 4 years in basketball), Academic All-state 2014 basketball, 1st team All-district 2012-2014 basketball, 2nd team All-district 2011 basketball, 2nd team All-county 2013 basketball, 1st team All-county 2014 basketball, 1st team All-region 2014 basketball 1st team All-area 2014 basketball, and All-state 2014 basketball. She also made the All-star team of All Greater Houston 2014, and currently has the number one spot for the most made and attempted free throws in the state.

Savannah’s favorite high school memory, “Was going to the playoffs at state this year. We played Lumberton at Dayton, we didn’t win but I was happy that we did really good and went to state.” Savannah looks forward to graduation, just like most seniors, but she will take her journey to Baylor University in the fall of 2014. Going to Baylor, what Savannah always wanted, finally came true.

Congratulations Savannah! Everyone at New Caney High School stands proud of your many accomplishments!