Charles Crew–A Senior Who Loves New Caney High School

Leo Meshell, Writer

Although the first nine weeks have passed at New Caney High School, a fourth of the school just began their journey while another fourth bring it to an end. Unlike freshmen who still have many memories to make, the senior 2014 class has over three years of thoughts to reminisce.

Born in December 1995, senior Charles Crew earned a starting role on the varsity football team for the second consecutive season this fall and will compete on the varsity baseball team this spring. Putting his athletic achievements aside, the DECA organization also has Charles’ attention, as he will compete for the business based organization this winter. When not making tackles on the gridiron or making business deals for DECA, Charles enjoys dining out with his girlfriend Alex, and spending time with his best friends Bryce and Brett.

Although Charles will graduate this May, he will always remember “the great people” of NCHS and Coach Pennington’s frequent character talks that taught “character and the art of being uncommon.” When asked about this year’s football team, Charles stated, “I feel we fought hard but (our record) doesn’t show how hard we actually play.” He continued, “I like to use the phrase Faith Without Work is Dead because we can always hope to be better but it’s going to take a lot of determination to change the culture for Eagle Football.”

When his time as a New Caney Eagle has come to an end, Charles will attend Texas State University and earn a degree in Criminal Justice, and have the opportunity to “live in the beautiful hill country of San Marcos.” His parents and his favorite high school teacher Ms. Williams inspired him to further his education.

Charles Crew, another great New Caney high school senior, in the class of 2014.