Kaylee Davis–A Freshman Who Likes New Caney High School

Richelle Mueller, Writer

Kaylee Davis, a freshman at New Caney High School, talks about her opinion of the school so far this year. “I really like the school so far,” she said.

Kaylee originally made it into the New Caney’s Early College High School program, but decided to attend NCHS after her first few days of school. When asked why she made this choice, she explained that she believed she could handle school without her electives, but decided soon after that she missed having electives. “I decided I wanted the normal high school experience and I really missed my electives,” she said.

When asked about what classes she enrolled in this year, she explained that for her electives, she has Principles of Floral Design, Principles of Hospitality of Tourism, Principles of Human Services, Principles of Law and Public Safety, French 1, and Dance, as well as her basic core classes, Algebra, English 1, W. Geography, and Biology. “I wanted Art, but all of the classes were full,” she said.

When asked about where she wished to attend college, she said she did not know, but considers Lone Star College Kingwood as a possibilty. After she leaves college, she plans on working as a forensic scientist. “because I love trying to solve a crime by finding the stuff that is hidden all around the crime scene,” she said.

Kayleee-a future forensic scientist in the making!