Eagle Times Bulletin

• Welcome Back Students for School Year 2018-2019!

Welcome Students to School Year 2014-2015

Robert Hoffman, Editor in Chief

Welcome back students, teachers, and administrators for school year 2014-2015! Many new building changes occurred on the second floor during the summer months at New Caney High School, and many new teachers have joined the staff, bringing capacious talent, sharing innovative ideas.

During my travels and professional associations this past year, teachers and business professionals all stressed the critical necessity of clear and concise writing skills. Not only do college professors require it, but also business professionals demand it. Elegant writing training, so urgently needed in schools, always will remain a vital skill for future studies and employment.

Eagle Times Bulletin featured a wide variety of articles last year including travel destinations, employment issues, and college profiles. Applying their advanced English training learned in class, students enrolled in the Ind. Study in English class will continue writing various articles on different subjects that readers will find appealing and interesting.

Principal David Loyacano and Dean of Instruction Susan Hoisington have planned many notable and outstanding activities this year for students and staff. New Caney High School will lead all schools in the 21st century with excellent instruction techniques, advanced learning methods, and a visionary plan for the school’s continued success in the future.

As Eagle Time’s Editor in Chief, all articles published by students will stand top quality and rouse reader interest. The Ind. Study in English class trains students to write at a mature, elegant, and formal level to improve their writing skills, which will transfer to their current classes, their college studies, and their future career. To write clearly and to write effectively means better communication, and better communication produces a more productive, intelligent, and enlightened person.

The staff and I would truly enjoy hearing from you! Feel free to write, suggest, and comment at any time!

About the Writer
Robert Hoffman, Editor-in-Chief

Mr. Hoffman has taught high school English for 22 years, and previously taught English 1301 and 1302 at Lone Star College–Kingwood. He has published numerous articles in newspapers, magazines, and journals.

It stands as a writer’s duty to make the world a better place–Samuel Johnson

The ideal critic evaluates both the history and aesthetics of literature and should feel and reproduce the original intuitions of an artist.–Benedetto Croce

‘The critic in his conception was not the narrow lawgiver or the rigid censor that he is often assumed to be; He was the student, the inquirer, the interpreter, the taker of notes, and the active, restless commentator…’ –Henry James

An unexamined life is a life not worth living–Socrates

The past is the past, the present is but a moment, and the future is all–Zoroaster

Up to now, the philosophers have only interpreted the world. The point, however, is to change it.–F. Engels

Contact the Editor-in-Chief at [email protected].

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School