Eagle Times Bulletin

• Welcome Back Students for School Year 2018-2019!

Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Hali Simmons, Writer

Look out Texans! Grand Texas theme park and entertainment district opens in 2015!

Want to visit a theme park not far from New Caney? Wish no more! A new theme park will open in Montgomery County at Highway 59 and SH 242 in 2015, and unlike the fabled “Earth Quest” across highway 59, this Texas themed attraction already has water and electric installed on this 600 acre venue.

A family based theme park as their website describes it, “Prepare to be transported back in time to the early days of Texas, when it was a vast frontier full of intrigue & excitement, as you enter the gates of Grand Texas Theme Park! Through vivid storytelling & entertainment, thrilling rides, and much more, your family will be immersed in the Texas of long ago.”

Bringing extravagance and opulence, the Grand Texas Theme park will include 450,000 square feet of retail and dining, 144 on site RV lots, and 240 hotel rooms! Also planned in the construction, the site will feature a large sports field complex with approximately 20 fields, as well as 71 acres of roller coasters and carnival attractions with additional room to expand. As patrons anxiously wait, the new 28 acre water park attraction will open to the public on designated new construction dates.

With a 200 million dollar budget, the park’s focus will sport a flash-back to a wild west town with its main square to promote Texas’ culture and history to visitors. The park project developer Monty Galland said in previous interviews, “We are opening the project in phases” and that they “have plenty of room for expansion”, which seems true as the water park section “Big Rivers” measures only slightly smaller than the now popular Splash Town. Many other of the parks amenities remain scheduled to open by Memorial Day 2015.

The area surrounding the theme park, while now largely undeveloped aside from housing, will increasingly develop as construction progresses and new attractions arise. Project Manager Monty Galland also said that he chose the area due to the beauty of the trees and loveliness of the surroundings.

The Grand Texas Entertainment District, a privately owned company, states that it will not replace or replicate Astro World. Rather, the Grand Texas Theme Park will locate outside of Houston and will display visitors seven distinct areas of Texas history and culture in a family friendly setting.

Visitors and residents can look forward to a new form of entertainment this spring!

Grand Texas theme park coming soon!

About the Writer
Hali Simmons, Writer

I am a senior student and the art club president at New Caney High School. I plan on attending a four year college come graduation this year and am a published...

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

East Montgomery County Fair Kicks Off!

• Community News

Grand Parkway Coming Soon!

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

First Baptist Church of Porter Candlelight Service, December 24th

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

First Baptist Church Revival: An Event to Always Remember

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

Saturday, September 29th, A Family Festival!

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

Christian Youth Club for New Caney Teenagers

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

New Caney Alive!: Bringing UNITY Back Into the Community

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Community News

Hibachi Buffet: A Gourmet Restaurant Pleasing Local Residents

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!