Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Hali Simmons, Writer

Look out Texans! Grand Texas theme park and entertainment district opens in 2015!

Want to visit a theme park not far from New Caney? Wish no more! A new theme park will open in Montgomery County at Highway 59 and SH 242 in 2015, and unlike the fabled “Earth Quest” across highway 59, this Texas themed attraction already has water and electric installed on this 600 acre venue.

A family based theme park as their website describes it, “Prepare to be transported back in time to the early days of Texas, when it was a vast frontier full of intrigue & excitement, as you enter the gates of Grand Texas Theme Park! Through vivid storytelling & entertainment, thrilling rides, and much more, your family will be immersed in the Texas of long ago.”

Bringing extravagance and opulence, the Grand Texas Theme park will include 450,000 square feet of retail and dining, 144 on site RV lots, and 240 hotel rooms! Also planned in the construction, the site will feature a large sports field complex with approximately 20 fields, as well as 71 acres of roller coasters and carnival attractions with additional room to expand. As patrons anxiously wait, the new 28 acre water park attraction will open to the public on designated new construction dates.

With a 200 million dollar budget, the park’s focus will sport a flash-back to a wild west town with its main square to promote Texas’ culture and history to visitors. The park project developer Monty Galland said in previous interviews, “We are opening the project in phases” and that they “have plenty of room for expansion”, which seems true as the water park section “Big Rivers” measures only slightly smaller than the now popular Splash Town. Many other of the parks amenities remain scheduled to open by Memorial Day 2015.

The area surrounding the theme park, while now largely undeveloped aside from housing, will increasingly develop as construction progresses and new attractions arise. Project Manager Monty Galland also said that he chose the area due to the beauty of the trees and loveliness of the surroundings.

The Grand Texas Entertainment District, a privately owned company, states that it will not replace or replicate Astro World. Rather, the Grand Texas Theme Park will locate outside of Houston and will display visitors seven distinct areas of Texas history and culture in a family friendly setting.

Visitors and residents can look forward to a new form of entertainment this spring!

Grand Texas theme park coming soon!

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

2018 Winter Olympics

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Apple Incorporated: Leading Technology Into The 21st Century

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Socrates: A Remarkable Philosopher

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Multnomah Falls: A Beautiful Sight

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

The Economic Truth

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Wendys Hamburgers

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Super Bowl Fifty Two

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Philadelphia Eagles: An Astounding Football Team

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Japanese Tea Garden–A San Antonio Treasure

• Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

Top Stories

Barack Obama–America’s 44th President

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!