Eagle Times Bulletin

• Welcome Back Students for School Year 2018-2019!

Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Keegan Brent, Writer

Sunday, October 28th, two rivalry schools converged in harmony at the First Baptist Church of Porter, Texas. Band members, athletes, students, and parents of New Caney and Porter High Schools met for a time of worship, fellowship, and encouragement before the upcoming “Battle Line on 59” football game Friday.

Utilizing the friendly tension between the schools, youth pastor Philip Casper began the service with a yelling competition. This invited the loudest of the two school’s sections (Porter) to play their fight song, introducing their football team, with the quietest section playing last. Select members from each football team then competed in a few silly games simply for the joy of rivalry. Each game was separated by a collection of the recorded testimonies of students at both schools who attend the church and highlight reels of each football team. “It was a ton of fun,” junior athlete, Matt Lyles, said.

Once the games finished, Troy Cates, the church’s minister of music, led the congregation in worship, singing a collection of contemporary music and hymns. New Caney High School senior Kyle Conn then sang an extraordinary cover of the Tenth Avenue North song “Losing,” receiving a well-deserved standing ovation. “It was really cool to be able to share with my peers about Christ through music,” Conn said

Senior Pastor Bro. Rob Ray preached a message over the popular Bible story of David and Goliath, encouraging members of each team to overcome fear, live as an example, and take every opportunity to make a difference with their teams, schools, and lives. “Let’s hope this message can dictate some change in these teams, as well as their schools,” youth member D.J. Smith said.

Finally, everyone dismissed into the church gymnasium, enjoying hamburgers, drinks, and inter-school fellowship. Members of the two bands found their way into the church’s choir room, where they introduced themselves and played cadences. “It was very nice getting to meet some of the Porter kids,” junior percussionist, Roger Ramirez, said.

Bro. Rob wishes for this to become an annual event, dreaming of a full community worship rally in the heart of NCISD: Don Ford stadium.

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

East Montgomery County Fair Kicks Off!

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

Grand Texas Theme Park–Coming Soon!

• Community News

Grand Parkway Coming Soon!

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

First Baptist Church of Porter Candlelight Service, December 24th

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

First Baptist Church Revival: An Event to Always Remember

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

Saturday, September 29th, A Family Festival!

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

Christian Youth Club for New Caney Teenagers

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

New Caney Alive!: Bringing UNITY Back Into the Community

• Battle Line on 59 Fellowship

Community News

Hibachi Buffet: A Gourmet Restaurant Pleasing Local Residents

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
Battle Line on 59 Fellowship