Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

IT–A Chilling Movie

Katie Baker, Writer

Stephen King’s novel IT adapted into a million-dollar film in 2017. Originating in 1986, the horror, fiction novel depicts an entity clown who feasts on children for an entire year then goes into a hibernation type leave for approximately twenty-eight years.

Although the book highlights an immense amount of detail, the movie still enhances its quality by allowing the director, Andres Muschietti, to incorporate special effects, giving the movie a horrifying edge. Unlike the older adaption, the update on Stephen King’s best selling novel IT provided an extraordinarily entertaining perception to international audiences.

Capturing viewers with tremendous acting, remarkable cinematography, and intensely, horrific exhibitions, the 2017 film transcended assumptions formed by critical audiences. Following the novel’s story line more accurately, the new film earned millions of dollars at the box office, ranking number one in theaters across the globe.

Seizing the audience with every scene, viewers commonly heard laughs and screams throughout the film. Although the killer clown causes horrific screams, still the children better known as “the losers club” cause hysterical laughter in the film.

The actors, such as Bill Skarsgard who manifest the character “Pennywise”, heitens the horror Stephen King set out to depict. Compared to the incredible actor Tim Curry, Skarsgard still terrifies viewers throughout the film. Unlike the 1990s film, the fresh take on Stephen King’s classic novel creates a suspenseful tone throughout the movie.

The losers club, played by amateur actors, exalted the film by providing a truly hysterical portion. The film overall exceeded its predecessor in visual quality, humorous dialogue, and terrifying graphics, providing a horrific, yet supreme view on a classic novel.

In conclusion, this adaptation of Stephen King’s number one best seller novel IT stands as a high quality and superb perspective, exceeding expectations, capturing audience’s attention worldwide.

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

H-E-B: Texas Grocery Store

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Hot Topic: A Favorite Apparel Store

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Goats Milk: A Succulent Delight!

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Barbara Bush: Forever Loved

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Mysteries of Beekeeping

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

House Speaker Paul Ryan–Distinguished With Untainted Honor

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Trade Wars And Tariffs: A Solution?

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Guess: America’s Popular Clothing Store

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Sam Houston State University

• IT–A Chilling Movie

Top Stories

Inflation Here and Now

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
IT–A Chilling Movie