Eagle Times Bulletin

• 2017-2018 School year begins Monday, August 28, 2017

The Weeknd Madness Tour

Melissa Garza, Writer

On December 13, 2015, artist The Weeknd, also known as “Abel Tesfaye”, performed at the Houston Toyota Center. The Madness Tour, named for his fall tour, kicked off in his home town of Toronto, Canada and ended with a bang in Miami, Florida.

The Madness Tour spanned across 22 cities in big arenas, an upgrade for the singer who started off performing in small venues. Maximum capacity for the arenas The Weeknd performed at exceeded 18,000.

The Weeknd announced ticket sales a few weeks prior to his album release. Within a week, all of the tour dates sold out.

The style of “Beauty Behind The Madness” differed from what The Weeknd normally did. Highly known for R&B with dark lyrics about his true self, Beauty Behind The Madness has the soul of Michael Jackson, making this The Weeknd’s first pop album.

Halsey, an upcoming artist, opened for the singer, and Houston born rapper “ Travis Scott” joined The Weeknd on stage for a duet. The duo performed their latest collaboration “pray 4 love”, which the studio released a month before the tour.

The Weeknd spends much time around his set perfecting the look he wants to reflect. His visuals remain well known for their uniqueness. In “The Madness” tour The Weeknd’s visuals included pyrotechnics and him arising from the stage, towering over the falls, seeing all of the arena.

The Weeknd owns his own clothing line named “ XO ”. At the tour, one had to wait about 30 minutes to an hour to buy merchandise due to the long lines.

The show started at 9:00 p.m. Screaming, shouting, chanting “The Weeknd” when he came out, the crowd went wild.

Not only did he sing songs from his latest album, but also songs from his previous album and mixtapes.

The Weeknd performed a total of 23 songs. Although when he went off stage the crowd chanted for an encore, he still came out and performed one last song before officially ending the night.

The Madness tour truly lived up to its name. The madness gleamed through the fans, the artist, the lines, and the atmosphere!

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

H-E-B: Texas Grocery Store

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Hot Topic: A Favorite Apparel Store

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Goats Milk: A Succulent Delight!

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Barbara Bush: Forever Loved

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Mysteries of Beekeeping

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

House Speaker Paul Ryan–Distinguished With Untainted Honor

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Trade Wars And Tariffs: A Solution?

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Guess: America’s Popular Clothing Store

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Sam Houston State University

• The Weeknd Madness Tour

Top Stories

Inflation Here and Now

The School Bulletin of New Caney High School
The Weeknd Madness Tour